Friday, April 15, 2011

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini

This is a great recipe for Lent.  It supposedly serves 4-6 people, but I cut way down on the pasta, use half the butter & oil & keep everything else the same & the two of us eat the whole thing!  The recipe is courtesy of Tyler Florence, on the Food Network  & slightly adapted by me.


1 pound linguini (I often use spaghetti)
4 T. butter
4 T. olive oil
2 shallots, finely diced (I often use scallions)
2 cloves garlic
pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
1 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined (I use frozen shrimp that has been thawed & I remove the tails)
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (I use dried & just a sprinkle)

For the pasta, put a large pot of water on to boil.  When it comes to a boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt & then the pasta.  Stir to make sure it separates.  Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done.  Drain the pasta.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 T. butter in 2 T. olive oil over medium-high heat.  Saute' the shallots, garlic & red pepper flakes until the shallots are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.  Season the shrimp with salt & pepper,  Add them to the pan & cook until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.  Remove the shrimp from the pan & set aside. 

Add wine & lemon juice & bring to a boil.  Add 2 T. butter & 2 T. olive oil.  When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley & cooked pasta.  Stir well & season with salt & pepper. 

* My addition is that I like to grate Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...