Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Teddy Bears at the Beach Cupcakes



A "To the Beach" tablescape is the theme of this month's Let's Dish! party.  I used our patio table for the setting,  with my runner that I machine quilted several years ago.  It has a shell border around the outside.  I thought my palm plant would be pretty as a centerpiece with some shells scattered around.  The votive candle  holders were  from Ross, at 2 for $2.99.  The pretty turquoise plates are from Homegoods, along with the matching mug, all at $2.99.  I made the napkin from a fat quarter.  I bought the pretty shells on the plate when we were first married, almost 42 years ago, and you can actually bake in them.
Fun to make and yummy to eat!

It's always fun to cook with the grandkids.  Three of the six were over to go swimming and I had baked up some cupcakes ahead of time.  After swimming we decorated the cupcakes for a special treat.

Cupcakes, from scratch or mix
Frosting of your choice
blue food coloring
Teddy Grahams
gummy lifesavers (for the inner-tubes)
fruit roll-ups (for the beach towels)
candy coated chocolate flavored candy (for the beach balls)
some finely-crushed up vanilla wafer or graham crackers (for the sand)
drink parasols, for the beach umbrellas (I found straws at the Dollar Tree and cut them)

Tint your frosting a pretty blue color and frost your baked cupcakes.  You can even make some "waves".

On one edge of the cupcake, sprinkle some crushed  crumbs for the sand.

Put a Teddy Graham into a gummy lifesaver.  Put this out in the "ocean".

Cut a tiny beach towel from the fruit roll-up and place on the "sand".

Stick the parasol into the sand and add a "beach ball".

Enjoy your fun creation!! 


I always enjoy a cup of tea with dessert!


Close-up of table runner



I let the kids decorate their own table.  We used a beach towel for the tablecloth and they carefully placed the shells around the flip-flop platter, which is from the Dollar Tree.  Didn't they do a cute job??!!

Here are the Teddy Bear at the Beach cupcake decorators eagerly waiting to eat their creations!!

I am sharing with:

Mix It Up Monday!
On the Menu Monday
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Your Cozy Home Party
Cowgirl Up!
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Table Top Tuesday
The Bunny Hop
Let's Dish!
Tablescape Thursday
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday
Weekend Potluck
Seasonal Sundays

37 comments:

  1. Those Teddy Bear Cupcakes are adorable! I have two grandsons that would just love having a beach picnic on the deck :) Thanks for a great idea! Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun and such cute photos! I love everything...especially that big flip flop platter! Looks like the type of thing you see here in Florida! I wish we had a Home Goods close by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone is having a great time! The cupcakes are adorable I'm sure the kids loved them:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cupcakes and I know the kids goggled them up. The runner is great, along with the votives and flip flop platter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty beachy table! The cupcakes are adorable and the ones with the teddy bears are pretty cute too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty, I love the Teddy Grahams in the inner-tubes! I'm sure the grands will always remember these adorable cupcakes. You did a great job on the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty,
    That is just the cutest. I'm loving that table runner too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You MADE that runner??? Where, oh where do your talents end, woman??!?!?!!! That is really a fabulous job! And if those aren't just about the cutest cupcakes ever!!! Wow! You have a great imagination to use all those different things...especially the fruit roll-up and the "beach ball"!!!! Your grandkids undoubtedly adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of those plates and mugs! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your turquoise plates and the quilted runner, and the cupcakes are adorable. But most adorable are the precious smiles on those beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that just looks like the most fun ever!!! Their table is just fabulous. But I am in love with your quilted runner. The seashells are so perfectly done.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  12. They did a great job, and so did you! The turquoise plates are beautiful! I love those cupcakes, what fun!
    And the gkids are precious! You have 6! Wow!
    Thanks for linking this to Let's Dish! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so beautiful and summery. But its the cupcakes that just tickle me pick. They are DARLING!! I bet the kids had a blast putting it together!! Such a fun post Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Kitty! I think the teddy graham in the gummy lifesaver is the cutest thing I've seen! Love your quilted table runner and beautiful plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the aqua plates...don't you just love those scallop shells to bake in?

    ReplyDelete
  16. those cuppies are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The girls are adorable -- and the cupcakes look tasty too. Looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was going to say the same thing that Scribbler did. The girls are just darling! Look at those smiles. And the cupcakes? Well, they're pretty darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun and I love the kids table. What a great idea to let them decorate it. I HAVE to make these fun cupcakes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun!!! I see there are some future culinary students! The plate and matching mugs are just gorgeous--very pretty shade of blue! Definitely feels like a day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table looks very pretty with the beachy theme, I especially love that runner! You have an excellent staff of cake decorators there, they did a wonderful job on their table too! I know my grandchildren would love to make these cupcakes, will have to save this idea for them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun beach table Kitty. I loved seeing the kiddos creativity too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely adorable! What fun for the kids and aren't they cute!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are almost as cute as the little gals at the table! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too cute. I'd like them for my birthday!!! I love teddies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The smiles on the grandkids faces say it all -- they loved the teddy bear cupcakes. I do too!

    Visiting from You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  27. They are too cute Kitty, and look at those big smiles in anticipation of eating the yummy cupcakes.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh yes, the kids did do a wonderful job and what a cute idea! All the ideas here are kid friendly and eye-catchingly cute.And who doesn't love cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those little bears are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Kitty,
    Look at those big smiles! Teddy Bears at the Beach; how wonderful and fun! The cupcakes are adorable and so creative! Love the colour of your china; beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so cute!! What a fun treat for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Kitty,
    you are sooo creative! Love the Teddy Bear Beach Cupcakes. They made me smile. And you are a great home decorateur. The Beach table looks wonderfull and elegant. Love the flip flop plate, too. I guess, not only the kids had fun.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  33. Here are the Teddy Bear at the Beach cupcake decorators eagerly ... igiantteddybear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your tablescape looks divine! I really like the mix of colors and textures there. Thank you for sharing these pics!

    Riyanna
    Something about Belden Computer Cables

    ReplyDelete
  35. You can search on the internet and you will find all different kinds of beach towels from the most expensive to the cheapest beach towels available. Keep in mind that it is always vital for anyone purchasing items whether it would be big or small, to consider best value. beach towels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...