Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Warm Pimento Cheese Dip

 
This dip recipe comes courtesy of the Tupelo Honey Cafe' Cookbook.  It is a favorite appetizer from their restaurant in Asheville, NC.  We happened to vacation in the area recently and ate in their South Asheville location.  With football season upon us, dips are ever popular.  I made half this recipe and my hubby and I ate the entire thing.  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.   Here's the whole recipe:

8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. stone-ground mustard
1 t. mustard powder
1/4 t. sea salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 T. minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup finely diced roasted red bell pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl,  Transfer to a microwaveable dish and microwave for about 20 seconds or  until hot.  You can also put in a baking  dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until heated through.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Makes 2 cups

I am sharing this with:

Mix It Up Monday
On the Menu Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Cowgirl Up
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday
Potpourri Friday
Weekend Potluck
Seasonal Sundays

20 comments:

  1. Sure sounds good, I love dips! Also like the addition of mustard in this one:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make grilled sandwiches with this yummy dip. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saving this one, Kitty! My family loves ANYTHING with the word cheese in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dips, but Joe not so much. I'm tucking this away to bring to our friend's house. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious and would be nice to eat while watching TV...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have NO doubt we're gonna LOOOVE this warm dip! I'm always looking for a dip to serve, and absolutely LOVE pimento cheese. Thanks for sharing your special 'find'. Printing now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds right up my alley, I'm going to wait for a quite moment when everyone's out and enjoy this!!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I am so glad I popped over today. My kids would love this! And I looked at some of your older posts. My sweet late Mother in love was a china painter too :-) Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a yummy sounding dip, I think the cheddar would make it a favorite for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitty~ We were in Asheville with some friends and ate at Tulepo Honey not that long ago! I picked up their cookbook coming in and going out and putting it back regretfully since I'm running out of shelf space!
    We would eat the entire bowl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this sounds just delicious! We love dips at our house!!! I love Asheville... but have never been to the Tulepo Honey! Now I can try their famous dip here at home! Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY1

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fabulous. This will be making an appearance at our tailgate this fall for sure. I'm pinning as we speak. Thanks for linking to the Weekend Potluck!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so yummy! Love pimientos! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never made this from scratch but it doesn't look too hard and I KNOW I will love it! It sounds good right NOW! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds great, Kitty! Thanks for sharing your recipe at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing..I'm adding this to my recipe file! ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Kitty! Yumm! After the huge success we had with the "man dip" recipe that I got from you a while back, I'm sure this one will be a major hit too! Thanks for sharing it. Can't wait to test it out on the family and friends! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kitty,
    What Texan doesn't like Pimento Cheese and to warm it up and make it into a dip is just fabulous! This will be a perfect ballgame addition to the food tray. Hope you are having a fabulous day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds so delicious - what a great dip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can eat a huge bag of nachos with this dip! Truly, everything is better with cheese and a little kick of chili. This is definitely something you can do with your almighty microwave oven. Ha! This is a great dip for Super Bowl weekends! :)


    -Alex Staff

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...